Are you looking for new shingles? It’s essential to consider the specific climate and weather conditions your home encounters to ensure you’re choosing the best shingles. Let’s dive into a list of some of the best roofing shingles for Pennsylvania’s altering and extreme climate conditions.
Here’s our List of Some of the Best Roofing Shingles for Pennsylvania Homes and Buildings
1. Architectural Shingles – Also known as laminated shingles, these shingles are a good choice for Pennsylvania roofing due to their durability. These shingles consist of a small number of traditional shingles laminated together. They’re pleasing to the eye and can withstand the beatdown from a brutal Pennsylvania storm.
2. Metal Roof Shingles – Metal roof shingles are a great choice for Pennsylvania homes. These shingles are so durable that they can last up to 100 years! They also come in a wide variety of colors and styles.
3. Wood Shake Roofing Shingles – Wood shake roofing shingles are made from sheets of cedar logs. You can expect these shingles to last anywhere from 20-25 years. An added bonus to these shingles is that cedar is also a known insect repellent.
4. Solar Shingles – If you’ve been thinking about turning toward green energy, solar shingles may be a good investment for you. These shingles are probably your most modern choice, and they’ll power your home with solar energy.
5. Tile Roofing Shingles – Tile roofing shingles can last up to 100 years depending upon the specific type you choose. Tile shingles have different types depending upon the materials they are made of. Stone slate tiles are a great choice of shingles for Pennsylvania homes.
Taking Appearance Into Consideration
Consider the color, texture, architectural appearance when choosing your new roofing materials. Making the best choice can increase the value of your home.
Making the Best Choice
You’re sure to make the best decision if you consider the durability, financial logic, and aesthetics when selecting your new roofing shingles.